Tuesday, March 17, 2009

More veggies for the Stone Soup Challenge!

photo from freefoto.com

Jaime's cooking again -- Adding some more veggies to the pot of stone soup! To read more about the Stone Soup Challenge, check out this post.

My purchases for this month so far have been a special request of about 40 large nails from Pvcatalina through Etsy.com. I am working on multiple pieces similar to my piece called "Weaving My Story." These nails are going to be a treat to work with. You can also post a photo of the finished piece to the Etsy shop to show them what you have done with their supplies. Free marketing for you!

Another goody for myself was purchased from artist Linda Richichi. This professional artist is selling in galleries. Yet in the spirit of our troubled economic times, she is offering original mini paintings in prices we all can afford. They have a loop to be worn as a necklace. Each week she posts a mini painting, and the bidding begins. I won last week's and I love it! it is beautiful, unique and a low enough price that I could buy it without hesitation. She is also donating a percentage to charity. What a way to share.

Check out what Linda has for this week! Here is a picture of Circle #8 from her blog:
Circle #8, Mini Painting from Linda Richichi


I am tempted to buy it myself, but I don't want to be greedy. Must share the soup.

Your turn: Are you adding veggies to the Stone Soup by supporting independent sellers and artists? Do you have any creative ways to get the $ floating your way? Post them here and let's all get a taste! More soup for all!

~ Share your journey ~ Jaime

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Jaime for bidding on the necklace and for the nice writeup. You have a wonderful way with words as well as beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I hit the wrong button. Thanks Jaime, was from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a great job supporting others! It will come back to you tenfold! Thanks for supporting The Stone Soup Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea and so generous! But it is an excellent way to get art out to those who would not normally consider the expense.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? You rock! I am all ears....