Sunday, July 12, 2009

Making Encaustic Medium

I finally figured out how to put YouTube videos on my blog! Oh happy day! I have so many to share.

Here is a wonderful video which explains the process of making encaustic medium. I have been making encaustic medium for three days now in preparation for my "Basic Encaustic Workshop by Jaime Lyerly" which will be held at the Escondido Municipal Gallery on July 25, 2009 from 12 pm - 3 pm. Preregister by July 18, 2009 for this great event! See my post about the Basic Encaustic Workshop here.

This video is wonderfully done and takes the mystery out of making your own encaustic medium. Enjoy!



Happy Art Making! ~ Jaime Lyerly

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful video. Simple and yet explains in detail the right way of making the medium. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 14, 2009

    That's a great tutorial, Jaime!
    Do you think we could have it up on the Encaustic Ning site http://encausticart.ning.com as well??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post, Jaime, and the inclusion of the video. It kicked my behind into gear to make some medium today! I'll post the results on my blog later after the cakes cool.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? You rock! I am all ears....