Monday, July 6, 2009

Try Twitter - for Artists



For those of you who haven't figured it out yet, I love Twitter.

Sometimes it makes me angry (like when it suspended my account for suspicious activity yesterday - all fixed now); sometimes sucks away all my time; and sometimes I wonder why I am still on it. But most of the time I find it to be a effective tool to promoting my art, blog, workshops and other art related activities. You can too!

Check out this article Try Twitter by Art Biz Coach Alyson Stanfield. While you are there you can subscribe to her weekly Art Biz Coach newsletters which come every Monday.

I know you are saying to yourself "but I already have a Facebook account, why do I need Twitter?" Facebook is wonderful, but it can be overwhelming with pictures, applications, "friends" from high school and many more things. Twitter strips it down to the bare bones. Read a "tweet" (post) or make a tweet yourself.

Sure, you can get fancy and post pictures on Twitter. But in general, it is a simple way to make connections with people who have similar interests and may be interested in your art. I have found some of the best artists and connections through Twitter - and then I found them on Facebook!

Try Twitter. It is a tool for your art. Use it.

When you get on Twitter, come follow me! Send me a tweet or question by typing @jaimelyerly I will help you make sense of it all!

Happy Art Making! Jaime Lyerly

3 comments:

  1. I luv twitter too!!!

    @robinpedrero follow me too!

    I am so sorry you had problems that must not have been fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following you already Robin and enjoy your tweets!

    This was the first time I ever had problems with Twitter, and it was fixed quickly. So, I forgave Twitter and here we are!

    Thanks for the comment. Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad things got ironed out over at Twitter. I truly love it...waaay more than Facebook. Twitter is a feast of information with lots of people to meet. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? You rock! I am all ears....