Thursday, July 2, 2009

Women's Caucus for Art Member Show at 8Teen Art Center - July 5-18

For the Women's Caucus for Art MEMBERS:

The Women's Caucus for Art is having a Member Show at 8Teen Art and Cultural Center this weekend. What? You didn't know? Well you are not alone.

Here is a message from Jen Bottoms, WCA Exhibition Coordinator:
Hi ladies,
I have to apologize for a lack of communication about the art show opening on July 5-18 at the 8teen Center. There is no theme for this show as not to limit any artist as to what can be entered. We have extended the drop off for entries. The drop off will be Friday the 3rd of July from 10-11 or contact me to make special arrangements. Cost is $25.00 for up to three entries.

We would like to have participants vote on the best work and the winner will receive $100.00 certificate to attend the Retreat in November. This is not a cash award and can only be used to attend the Retreat.

So come bring your work down to 8Teen on Friday, July 3rd at 10 am. Jen and I will be there with smiling faces to help hang the work and showcase your talent.

I have three of my newest encaustic works (including my "Forbidden Fruit Series") to ready to be hung, and I am very excited to see what you all have to show off.

Look forward to seeing you and your artwork soon!

For EVERYONE ELSE: We would love you to come check out this show. 8Teen Art Center is a lively venue for music, coffee and art viewing. The Women's Caucus for Art Members will put on a show that you won't forget (even if we have to scramble at the last minute to do it!).

I will post pictures from 8Teen by this weekend at the latest.

Until then, Happy Art-making! Jaime Lyerly
~ Jaime Lyerly

1 comment:

  1. I haven no idea how you do all you do. But by way of a Thank You for your wonderful blog, I've given you The "Neno" Award at my blog.

    http://www.StarlightBlog.com

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? You rock! I am all ears....