Sunday, July 12, 2009

Encaustic Painting Workshop by Jaime Lyerly at Escondido Municipal Gallery - July 25, 2009

Making encaustic medium, July 2009

So the last three days, I have been making encaustic medium in preparation for my upcoming "Basic Encaustic Workshop by Jaime Lyerly" which is at the Escondido Municipal Gallery in Escondido, California. The workshop is on Saturday, July 25, 2009 from 12 pm - 3 pm. The price is $75 ($65 for members of EAP). This price includes all supplies, which is a steal! I paid twice that amount for my basic encaustic workshop. See this post for more examples of my more traditional encaustic paintings.

Here is my description of what you will learn and do:
Encaustic painting is an ancient technique of molten beeswax, damar resin, and pigment applied to a surface and fused using heat. Learn the basic techniques of encaustic painting in this workshop. We will cover history, materials, substrates, tools and safety. We will explore layering, collage, incising and transfers. Plenty of time for hands-on experimentation. Bring your own collage elements and get ready to try this "hot" way of painting.

If you are anywhere near Escondido, please come to my workshop! The space is limited to 10 people and you must preregister by Saturday, July 18. Check out the Escondido Municipal Gallery Workshop page for more details and to register. I have plenty of knowledge to share and love to introduce people to the magic of encaustic painting.

Why don't you come join me and bring some friends? Let's spend that Saturday flinging hot wax around and making art!

Happy Art-making! ~Jaime Lyerly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? You rock! I am all ears....