Monday, January 11, 2010

Big news for the San Diego Women's Caucus for Art and our Winter Quarterly Newletter including Annual Retreat Photos

You have heard me mention it before, or seen a post on Facebook about it. Wondering what the San Diego Women's Caucus for Art (SDWCA) is all about? I am here to help!

Here is a link to view the San Diego Women's Caucus for Art Winter Quarterly Newsletter that is sent out to all members and is available in hard copy at our events. http://sn.im/sdwcanewletter12-09

You can also read previous newsletters at http://www.sdwca.org/new/newsletter.htm

The December newsletter features pictures and information about the Annual Retreat, which I taught "Encaustic Technique." I have been promising pictures and stories on the blog for so long, and I am sorry to let you down. However, I have posted pictures of the Annual Retreat on my Facebook fan page, so please check them out there!

The current newsletter also has the final President's message from Laura Jean Thompson, 2005 - 2009 SDWCA President, which includes the official announcement that I am not sure everyone knows yet.

Yours truly, Jaime Lyerly, is the new 2010 President of the San Diego Women's Caucus for Art! Hurray!

I am so excited to be leading the San Diego Women's Caucus for Art this year, along with my two Vice Presidents, Ellie Benfatti and Jen Bottoms. We had our first meeting of the new year yesterday and it was electric!

Here is a little taste of what we have in store for the new year:
  • Free artist demos open to the public after each of our monthly Board meetings
  • Juried and Invitational Exhibitions
  • Online Juried Exhibitions
  • Development of Scholarship and Professional Grants for artists
This is new territory for the SDWCA, so it will take some work to establish all that we are trying to do. But I believe in my Board will make this happen!

Now back to Art making! ~ Jaime Lyerly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? You rock! I am all ears....