Thursday, August 6, 2009

More Encaustic Paintings by Jaime Lyerly - In Progress

Encaustic Paintings in Progress, 6x6x1.5in board, © 2009 Jaime Lyerly

Since I enjoyed showing my encaustic paintings that I did this Friday, I decided to share some more today. Not much time to work on these today; but they will give you an idea of how time consuming it is to layer the encaustic wax. I started these paintings on Sunday. There are only about 2-3 layers on each one.

Here is today's progress:

Encaustic Painting in Progress, Untitled 1 6x6x1.5in board, © 2009 Jaime Lyerly

Encaustic Painting in Progress, Untitled 2, 6x6x1.5in board, © 2009 Jaime Lyerly

Encaustic Painting in Progress, Untitled 3, 6x6x1.5in board, © 2009 Jaime Lyerly

As you can see, I only added a few more layers to each one of the paintings. They will need to cool before I can add more to them.

Finally, here is a painting that I just started today with adding a few more layers of clear medium to the pre-waxed board. After fusing the extra layers, I used a tool to push circles into the warm (not hot) wax. Once it cools, I will fill in the circles with a light glaze of oil stick.

Encaustic Painting in Progress, Untitled 4, 6x6x1.5in board, © 2009 Jaime Lyerly

I hope you enjoyed my work in progress. To see more of my encaustic paintings and sculpture and encaustic process click on the links.

Happy Art making! ~ Jaime Lyerly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? You rock! I am all ears....