Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Miya Hannan - Connectivity at Hyde Gallery


All artworks in this post are © 2006-2010 Miya Hannan

I just got back from seeing the Miya Hannan art show "Connectivity" at the Hyde Gallery, Grossmont Community College and it is AMAZING!

The show is open until February 25, 2010, and it is free.

My friend Starry came to see the show with me, and Grossmont Art Professor Jim Wilsterman stopped by to give us some more insight on the show.

The artist statement from Miya Hannan does a great job of putting these ethereal pieces into context. Here is the statement, which is slightly different from her Artist Statement on her website:


I have nothing but great things to say about this show, but for time purposes, I will leave you with her images. Please do go see it if you are in the area and let me know what you think. Seeing art in person is so much more inspiring than online, but this is for the time crunched or distance-challenged artists!

All artworks in this post are © 2006-2010 Miya Hannan































Happy Art Making! ~ Jaime Lyerly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? You rock! I am all ears....