Thursday, September 3, 2009

San Diego Women's Drum Circle this Saturday!

I thought it was time to share my new monthly activities with the readers of my blog. Every first Saturday for the past 4 months, I have joined in a safe and healing space of the San Diego Women's Drum Circle. The group has such great energy and is drumming is the best way to start off a new month. Come sing, dance, drum or just sit and soak in the healing energy!

Here is the information from the San Diego Women's Drum Circle website:

Join Us at our next Drum Circle

We Women Drummers of San Diego gather on the 1st Saturday of each month; sharing and exchanging our rhythmic energy.

Elisa will be holding her DRUM class one hour prior to the circle from 5:30-6:30 pm. Cost is $8. Elisa is an incredible instructor. She will take you on a journey, introducing technique and sharing her knowledge of the history of rhythms. Drums are available to borrow or purchase. Call Elisa for more information: 619 417-6272.

When: Always the FIRST Saturday of each month.

Where: Universal Spirit Center in Hillcrest - 3858 Front St., S.D. 92103 - corner of Front & University (Masonic Lodge Building).

Time: 7:00 - 9:00 PM

Donation: $7.00

More Information: Vicki: 619 563-4771 or VMorganMT@aol.com

Drums For Sale: from Mali, Guinea, and Ivory Coast Africa. Contact Vicki 619 563-4771 or VMorganMT@aol.com

I hope you can join me this week, and come and make some noise. Your muse will be happy to have you give her extra energy. I usually come home buzzing for about a week, and creating for another week after. Since classes just started for me, and it is has be STRESSFUL, I need this time for myself to unwind and get a great start to a new month.

Happy drumming and Art making! ~ Jaime Lyerly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? You rock! I am all ears....