Friday, October 16, 2009

United and Severed - Art Opening this weekend at Art Produce Gallery in San Diego

Image © The Artist; from Art Produce Gallery Website

Art openings galore this weekend. Here is another don't miss event. See the information below from the Art Produce Gallery Website:

United & Severed
That window of Time..

October 17-December 6, 2009

Opening Reception- Oct. 17, 6-9pm

Panel Discussion with Artists & Participants- Oct. 29, 6-7:30pm

Video screening with Artists & Participants- Nov. 14, 6-9pm

Kristine Diekman & Karen Schaffman
(writing-audio-videography-choreography-installation)

Richard Keely & Anna O'Cain
(sculpture-installation)

An interdisciplinary work based on the experiences of 3 women living with traumatic injuries. Research for this artwork began with Diekman & Schaffman's interviews with Kim Anderson, Michele Caputo, & Ivy Kensinger. They tell their personal stories of shock injury where in a single moment their lives were changed forever.

For more Info. about "United & Severed"

I haven't been to the Art Produce Gallery before, but Richard Keely advised that it a premiere space. I may not be able to go to the opening event, but I will definitely see the show. Since I am fascinated with the process of making things, I am going to pencil the Panel Discussion with the artists into my super tight schedule. With video and sculpture combined, I am sure this will be a show worth making time for. Please come join me!

Happy Art-making and Show attending. ~ Jaime Lyerly

1 comment:

Have something to say? You rock! I am all ears....