Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Taking the Long Way

On Wednesday, after dropping my son off at school, I took a long walk around my neighborhood. I ventured away from the streets I normally walk to explore new streets. Turning off the path, I wandered into a new neighborhood that is adjacent to the suburban streets I am familiar with.

Henry David Thoreau would take long walks in the country to connect with nature. I take long walks in my suburban area to connect with myself. The streets look all the same, so I focus on my movement of my legs, the breeze, the music in my headphones. Walk, think, walk, think. Taking the long way around to get where I need to go, experiencing the world and myself differently each day.

So begins journey as an artist - realizing that my world is still the same, yet it has become filled with wonder. I have started this blog to connect with others on the artistic journey.

I start this blog with a quote from Thoreau which dangles on a metal sign above my computer:
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams!"

What drives you? What makes this journey we are all on so unique? What will you find along the way? What quotes or comments have sent you out the door looking for answers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? You rock! I am all ears....