Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Solar Spring Spirit Jam on Saturday, March 26, 2011

 Looking forward to using my new Tiger Eye Drum by artisan drum maker Lisa Starr
photo by Lisa Starr

Come join us on Saturday, March 26, 2011 · 8:30pm - 11:30pm for the first annual  Solar Spring Spirit Jam, brought to you by Mind Altering Records and The Prosperity Hive:

A special evening of transcendental music, dance, and communal drumming featuring Solarminds (of Mind Altering Records) at the

The Prosperity Hive
740 13th St. #503
San Diego, CA
RSVP on the Facebook event page or just come join us! 

From Chris Miner of solarminds: 

..."I have some new material that I'd like to share with people. Right now it's just me and my acoustic guitar, but I would like to get a big audience driven drum circle going, and maybe a couple musicians helping to provide a drone sort of thing that my stuff could go on top of- very repetitive, meditative, spiritual stuff. The goal being to evoke ecstatic states of mystical devotion and union for everyone involved. 

It's all about dissolving boundaries- between audience and performer, and this world and the spirit world. It's about letting the spirits sing through me, letting the spirits dance our bodies. I always tell people my music is divinely inspired, but on March 26th, I want to inspire the spirits to join us, so that we transcend who inspires who on that night. 

It will be an experiment for sure, and I'm not sure where the experiment will take us, but I have a feeling it will take us somewhere magical." 

Bring your drum, rattle, tambourine, or other percussion instrument, and your dancing feet!

$5-$20 suggested donation


Doors open at 8:30
Music starts at 9pm


Hope to see you there! ~ Jaime Lyerly 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? You rock! I am all ears....