It has changed from a place to share my artwork and journey as an emerging artist to a place that I can connect with artists and readers from all over the world.
It is a visual and written representation of what is in my head, my heart and what is being created with my hands. It is a necessary and exciting part of my own creative process.
But it wouldn't have grown to this without you.
My readers (frequent or first-timers) help me to define what it is that I write about.
When people email me asking about encaustic techniques or set-up, I know it is because of posts on this blog. I love to share my knowledge with others, and this blog has become my platform.
Yet, sometimes it is neglected. ::Cough, Cough:: Even sick. Ignored. Needing medical attention...
So to help revitilize my blog's health, I have signed up for the online "Blog Triage" class taught by Art Biz Coach Alyson B. Stanfield and Original Impulse/Journey Juju Cynthia Morris.
I have been reading Alyson and Cynthia's blogs since the birth of my blog, so I feel like I know them personally. They are doctors who know the secrets to a healthy blog.
Our "Homework" for this class will be completing assignments on our blog. I hope by sharing this that you will be inspired to check the pulse of your own blog. Here is part 1 of Homework 1.
Blog Triage - Homework 1, part 1 - Describe your ideal readers
Desperately Seeking Art-Loving Readers
- Highly interested in Encaustic (hot beeswax painting) and want to know more about it
- Has a sense of humor!
- Love to look at and/or make art
- Lifetime learner and seeker of knowledge
- Enjoy reading about the creative process
- Visually stimulated
- Loves process art and experimentation
- Cares about contemporary art
- Can be artist working in any medium
- Can be a student, retiree, working person, male or female (or cat), physical appearance does not matter
- Hardworking and dedicated to the creative process
- Wants to learn more about how to market your art
- Interested in Feminism, Conceptualism, Post-Modernism, and other Art History-isms
- Understanding if I ramble and change topics
- Willing to support an "unknown," emerging artist
Enjoy reading blogs and social networking a plus, but not necessary
- Emerging, Mixed media and Encaustic artist
- Loves to share and promote Encaustic paintings and sculpture
- Hardworking and dedicated student and mother
- Loves to write about process art
- Tends to write excessively about own life - even the "bad" stuff
- Takes lots of in progress pictures
- Needs to blog as part of the creative process
- Lover of knowledge, with a tad bit of nerdiness
- Needs to teach and share that knowledge with others
- Cannot resist sharing on Social Networking sites
- Very interested in Conceptualism, Feminism and Art-isms yet to be named
- Supports other artists
- Tends to talk too much and change subject at will
Let's get together and share this love of art! Will you be my reader?
No application needed - just read and enjoy.
Feeling moved to reach out and connect with me? I am always available to respond to your comments and email.
Thanks for sharing in this journey with me, however long you have been here!
Until next time; Happy Art-making! ~ Jaime Lyerly