Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Come to my unofficial Fiber coming out party! "Sew What" at the Broker's Buidling Gallery, Friday April 1, 2011


My fiber work is coming out of the closet. 

Yes, I work in Fiber....

I am graduating this May with a degree in Applied Design with an emphasis in Fiber, so you think I would be proud to fly my I heart Fiber flag. 

But the encaustic wax work I do overpowers fiber with its smell, texture and visual aesthetic.  

So I have kept most of the fiber only work hidden away from the world (with a few exceptions). 

But on Friday, April 1, 2011, I will be taking my fiber art out to strut it's stuff. And I am not alone. 

Come join us! 


Time
Friday, April 1 · 7:00pm - 10:00pm

Location
Brokers Building Gallery
402 Market Street
San Diego, CA



Sew What: Four Artists Experimenting in the Field of Fiber

Emily Stone
Joan Mathison
Jaime Lyerly
Scott Gengelbach

Friday April 1, 2011
Opening Night
April 2 - 15, 2011 by Viewing Appointment
619.368.1685

___________________________________________________
Expect the unexpected! 

But I will give you a hint of what's to come...
  • Installation work
  • Humor
  • Unconventional materials
  • Fiber that is not your grandma's sampler
  • and lots of WINE! Yay! 
So join us if you can. And I will do my best to get the photos of the show up as soon as possible. 

As always, thanks for being a part of my journey! ~ Jaime Lyerly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? You rock! I am all ears....